Welcome

I would like to welcome you to my blog. I am very flattered that you came for a visit. I would like to invite to grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit back, and enjoy your visit.
Hope you have a wonderfully blessed day! And know that you made my day blessed by stopping by. :D

Friday, August 22, 2008

Daughters Give-a-way... Mistreatment Club.... AND Fat Friday...

First of all, my daughter is having her first GIVE-A-WAY
Scoti has a pic on her blog of all the goodies.
so if you would like to add your name to the drawing please feel free



Second, I am including my curtains, or should I say Mistreatments...
The Nesting place is having a Mistreatment club show and tell... so here
are mine:




My living room one and the doorway to our bedroom curtains:
these are table cloths.. cut in half for three windows, and stapled
to a one by two, and hung at the top of the windows with L brackets...
and then I used straight pins and put the fringe of the top of the staples...
for the bedroom doorway... i used a tension curtain rod in the doorway...
and folded the table cloth in half and hung it over, used ribbon to tie it
back and voila!!! Curtain valances... I should say...not curtains.

My kitchen valance... just a board with material stapled to it...
then placed under the curved cuts of the cabinet above... and once again L brackets!


This is my batroom mistreatment, just a 4 yard piece
of material, I used the clips to hold in place a bunched
up pieces of material, and some more ribbon, and viola!



Here are the ones for the window. same idea... and that be all she
wrote on my mistreatments!! Hope you enjoyed the show...

Next, as everyone knows it is Fat Friday...
I don't believe I will be doing much running this weekend...
So I am planning on doing alot of project working...
and cooking.
To go along with that here is my recipe for the day...
It is for... Cinnnamon Rolls (They are really good ones!! I love to
bake them... and the icing is melt in your mouth!!)

Cinnamon Rolls
Preheat ove to 350 degrees:
1 tsp. sugar
2 pkgs yeast
1/4 cup warm water

Mix all of this together let set until good a bubbly!
I let is set for about 10 -15 minutes.
Then add
3 eggs
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups warm water
2/3 cup oil
mix well.

Add 7-8 cups flour, adding one cup at time.

Turn out onto counter lightly floured; Knead for about 5 minutes
will be slightly sticky still. Roll out onto counter with rolling pin.
Roll to about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Melt 1/2 cup butter or margerine,
spread over your dough.
Mix these ingredients well;
2 Tbsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
Sprinkle over butter with this mixture, kind of heavy.

Starting on the long side, roll carefully. Using sharp knife, cut the into
1 inch thick slices. Place each slice on greased cookie sheet, or jelly roll pan.
(I leave a bout 2 inches between each roll.) Place in oven and let bake
350 degrees for 30 minutes. They should rise without any problem in
the oven as they bake.
Glaze them with this while still hot;
2 cup powered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup orange juice
Mix well, drizzle over cinnamon rolls. And ENJOY!!!
They are great for breakfast... you get your bread, along with
your orange juice too!! :D We don't count the calories thou ;)
Remember to Live well, Laugh often,
and to LOVE much!!

1 comment:

Robin Beck said...

Hi Debi,
I sent you a confirmation E mail on the Christmas swap and it came back to me...So I re-did your E mail and sent it again...If you did not get it let me know by leaving a comment on my blog or sending me another E mail..
Thanks so much!
Robin