Welcome

I would like to welcome you to my blog. I am very flattered that you came for a visit. I would like to invite to grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit back, and enjoy your visit.
Hope you have a wonderfully blessed day! And know that you made my day blessed by stopping by. :D

Saturday, January 9, 2010

The promised story of how we got 3 four wheel drive vehicles stuck!! lol

As I said yesterday, I would tell you the story of how
Hubby got stuck... and in the meantime we got 3, yes 3
four wheel drive trucks stuck!!! lol. I know, all I could do
that night was laugh about it. It was either that or cry...
So I laughed!! lol

Before I start the story I would like to show you some of the
snow drifts out here by us. But first you should grab
yourself a cup of coffee,
or hot cocoa, which ever you prefer.
Ok, now that you have your cup of warm
beverage to keep you warm during this
cold weather tour.
This first one is just east and
north of our house. The mail lady got stuck here on Wednesday,
thank goodness she wasn't hurt, just stuck.
Yes it really is as high as hubby's truck!!
This next one is on the paved road on the way to town.
I don't ever remember having drifts this high on this road!
I don't know if that means that much snow, or just
ALOT of wind!!! Which I am inclined to believe... WIND!!
this is side of road...
this is the drift,
with hubby's truck parked there so you can see
how high it is.

Now for this story of how we got 3 four wheel drive
trucks stuck!! It starts out with me on the front
porch tossing scraps to cats... look out at the road,
and notice headlights down the road, I figure this is
my hubby coming home. (I have supper cooking on the
stove) I go back in, waiting for him to pull up in drive.
I check dinner, thinking he should be here anytime now.
A few minutes more pass... and still wondering where
he is. (It doesn't take but a minute or so to get from where
I seen headlights to home!) At about 5 minutes after
I see headlights,my cell phone rings, it is the hubby.
He tells me he is stuck in a snow drift.
This snow drift to be exact.
This is the truck,
he got stuck in!!

He asks if I can get the brown truck, (0ld faithful)
out and come down to pull him out. Needless to say,
I said yes! lol. I got the brown truck warmed up,
backed out of parking place. Got to the end of the
driveway... said a prayer, "Dear Lord, don't let me
get stuck trying to get him out, keep us all safe.
Thank you! Amen." I pull out of driveway,
go two trucks lengths, and yep, I got pulled into
a snow drift into the DITCH!! (All the way to bottom
of the ditch I get stuck!!!)

where the tire marks start
at the bottom of the pic, is my driveway.. and you
can see how far I got!!

In this here truck!!
Then we called our neighbor, poor fellow, we were
just bad luck waiting to happen that nite!
He came down to pull hubby out backwards,
did I mention that the WIND was blowing??
Like 20 miles per hour... (maybe not that bad, but
close!!) Anyway, while neighbor is hooking up to hubby,
he gets stuck...
here, in this second indention
in the snow. Well, we were all profoundly stuck, so hubby
suggests we call sheriffs office... they send out officer,
I told dispatcher, if he sees a snow drift... DON'T drive
into it. Well I watch him, driving into the one hubby and
neighbor are stuck in thinking he is going to be number 4!!
We fellow didn't get as far as they did, he started backing up,
turned around and waited. Neighbor had called the
neighbor that runs the grader, he was SO KIND as to
come down and pull out hubby, then neighbor, then to
grade the road so neighbor could get back home, he
turned around, come back graded road to our house,
hooked up to the brown truck, hubby and I traded now!!
lol, And he pulled out the brown truck, hubby drove it into the
drive, I followed with white dually, and neighbor with the
grader was kind enough to grade road the next morning
bright and early so hubby could go back to work.
You have no idea how silly I felt driving out of the
driveway, and then profoundly getting the truck stuck!!
As it turned out, was probably best I got stuck there, as the
road was worse just a ways further down. So the moral to
this story is...
"when hubby gets stuck, call the neighbor with the grader
first!!! stay home where it is warm, finish cooking dinner!!
and have hot coffee or cocoa when he gets home!!!! " ;-)
I hope everyone has a wonderfully blessed day!!


I ventured outside today to take those pics and checked
the temp...
believe it or not, this thing
reads 40!!! YES Sunshine!!! :D

Here are some more pics of the snow, this is the rock
pile that some of you may remember back in some
of my first post on my blog... I know, still here!!

If you look real close you might see where
our cats have decided to wait out the snow.


This little overhang here has a bare spot under
the rock, and so they have been hiding in here,
as you can see the trail they have worn.

I have been wanting to share with you a pic
of our towns heritage painted on one of the buildings.
It was done by a local artist. He is quite talented!!
Not only does he paint, he does some wonderful acting too!!

I hope you enjoy it as much I do every time
I get ready to turn at this intersection! :D


And here is one more of my Christmas trees.
This one is in the town park, lots of people,
organizations, businesses, decorated a tree in
our local park. This one is mine. It is decorated
with tulle, (in memory of the weddings!!)
Pepsi bottles painted into snowmen, old
ornies of years gone by, Some stars that we
painted, icicles, and some peacock feathers
for the topper. We put it up the Saturday after
Thanksgiving, and this is how it has weathered!!
There is also the name of my business...
"What's Cook'n In Junk" and some packages under
there... (The packages have rocks in them
to hold them down!) lol

I hope you all enjoyed your visit,
I know I am very glad you came!
Looking forward to seeing you again!

HOUSE RULES
Always be honest. Count your blessings.
Bear each other's burden. Forgive and Forget.
Be kind and tender-hearted. Comfort one another.
Keep your promises. Be proud of each other.
Be true to each other. Treat each other like you
treat your friends. But most importantly--
Love one another deeply from your heart.


Also don't forget to SMILE...
You will get on in return!!!

5 comments:

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Good morning Debi, what a story. This weather has been something else hasn't it? We have -10 as I type. Like everyone else we're pretty sick of winter already. I'm so glad you "rediscovered" the blog. I've wondered about you.Pop in any 'ole time.. I hope things are a bit warmer your way this morning..hugs ~lynne~

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

Hi Debi,
Thank you so much for stopping by....The powder I used in the shakers was just something I had at home ...you can used anything you might have around...even baby powder will...also the print I use on my blog...This is my favorite print. I bought it while on vacation in Nantucket. Painted by Maureen Burbic. I saw this cottage while on Nantucket...It is just as cozy and pretty as the picture !!! I loved the print so much I had to use it on my header.....
Have a wonderful day...
Hugs,
Mo ;-)

The Texas Woman said...

Is it bad of me to be laughing? If so, me bad!

The Texas Woman said...

Thank you so much for your prayers for me and little Emery!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Debi every time we've been to Kansas the wind has been blowing so I can't even imagine how bad it must be when you've got that much snow! blessings, marlene