Welcome

I would like to welcome you to my blog. I am very flattered that you came for a visit. I would like to invite to grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit back, and enjoy your visit.
Hope you have a wonderfully blessed day! And know that you made my day blessed by stopping by. :D

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fat Friday early :D Enjoy!!

Hello All!
Hope your enjoying your day! I have been
spending time with Samantha before she

leaves again for California. Sorry I didn't mean
to dessert.

For this post I thought I would show you my
Christmas present from the family!! I have used
it a couple of times now!! AND IT IS A DREAM!!

This is my beautiful new mixer! It does a wonderful
job of making all kinds of things. All I have to do is

measure, put in, and it does the rest. Then I put
whatever into the pan, and bake!!
What I made on Tuesday for the family
was Chili, Cornbread, and CINNAMON ROLLS!

and this is the recipe I used! Enjoy!!

Cinnamon rolls.
2 pkgs. yeast 2 c. hot milk
3/4 c. sugar 6 c. sifted flour

2 tsp. salt 2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c. butter 4 tsp. cinnamon
Melted butter 1/2 c. chopped nuts (opt.)
1/2 c. raisins (opt.) Orange Powdered sugar icing

Soften yeast in 1/2 c. warm water, with 2 tsp. sugar.
In mixing bowl place 1/4 c. sugar salt, butter and milk
stir until butter is melted. Cool mixture to lukewarm.
Beat in 3 cups of flour; stir in eggs and yeast mixture,
beating well. Add remaining flour, stirring thoroughly.
Dough should be sticky. Let stand for 10 minutes: knead
until smooth and satiny, on floured surface. Place in greased
bowl, turning once; cover. Let rise in warm place until doubled
in bulk. Punch down; divide into halves. Let stand for 10
minutes. Roll out on floured board. Combine cinnamon
and remaining sugar. Spread dough halves with melted butter;
sprinkle with cinnamon mixture, raisins and nuts if
desired. Roll dough jelly roll fashion; cut into 1 inch slices.
Place in greased pan.Let rise until doubled in size.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until
golden brown and hollow sounding when tapped.
Frost with powdered sugar icing.
Recipe as follows:

Orange Icing.
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
5 tsp. orange juice
1/2 tsp cream tarter
2 tsp. orange rind
Mix all together, pour over hot cinnamon
rolls, and you have breakfast with orange juice
already included.
Enjoy!! btw... this makes about 30 cinnamon rolls.

Also don't forget to SMILE...
You will get on in return!!!

HOUSE RULES
Always be honest. Count your blessings.
Bear each other's burden. Forgive and Forget.
Be kind and tender-hearted. Comfort one another.
Keep your promises. Be proud of each other.
Be true to each other. Treat each other like you
treat your friends. But most importantly--
Love one another deeply from your heart.

1 comment:

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

what a lovely gift.. and red my favorite color..lol Hope all is well your way..hugs ~lynne~