Welcome

I would like to welcome you to my blog. I am very flattered that you came for a visit. I would like to invite to grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit back, and enjoy your visit.
Hope you have a wonderfully blessed day! And know that you made my day blessed by stopping by. :D

Friday, January 16, 2009

My Sweet Saturday....

Hello All, it has been over a week since I was able
to get to the puter...
I have been doing all kinds of things this last week...
I read on some one's blog... not sure which one
about a book called "The House That Cleans Itself"
by Mindy Starks Clark. I have been reading it...
and doing as I am told... CLEANING HOUSE!!
Wow, I don't know about you... but this is a really
good book! So far I have managed to clean up &
out my Kitchen!! WHICH TOOK ME THREE DAYS!!
But now, everything has been washed, cleaned, decided
if I use it, or not... if not it is gone!! And I ain't getting
another one!! :D My floors got a really good hard scrubbing
on my hands and knees!! Boy how it gleams!! I feel wonderful
that all of this is done!! Now I am working on the next item
that is driving me nuts... my basement!! (STILL) I know
I was working on this before Christmas... but
now I have a plan!! Thanks Mindy!!! I needed
a kick in the seat of the pants!!
While cleaning things up... I found this...

No I won't throw that out... Grandma
and my mom would shot me!
Maybe if I start ironing again...
I will use it!! LOL... NOT!!
But I am still keeping this one!

I have been painting pics... one
with my best friend Ali, she talked
me into do a landscape, and wow,
THANKS ALI!! I love it... I haven't painted
anything like this since High school, and they
didn't turn out like this even then!! I will show
you pics later today... Camera will be back home
then. I finished this piece of embroidery...

Glad it is done... don't know if
I will be doing anymore of this!!
Hands HURT after an hour of this!!
I have a very new found respect for
ANYONE that does this on a regular
basis!! My hats off to you all!!!

I found a new saying I am going to make
into a sign for the Kitchen,
"My grandmother used it,
My Mother threw it away,
I bought it."
If only we would have known this,
maybe mom wouldn't have thrown it out??
Not sure about that one, not when mom was
an the rampage to clean. (Or for that
matter even me!!) :D

I played backgammon tonite on the puter,
which I haven't done in some time, I ran into
some old friends, and made some new ones too.
I won some, lost more. But had a good time,
thanks all!! I ran into a friend that I haven't seen
in over a year, Kim it was soo nice to see you and
I really enjoyed the chat too!!! Wow, I couldn't
believe it was that long since I have seen you!
I found out today that one of my dearest friends
there has passed away. Which needless to say is
very sad! Reed will be missed by one and all,
he was very sweet to everyone, always made me
laugh, and no matter what he brought a smile to
my face. We shared many a good joke, both
while playing backgammon and by email. Reed,
dear, I will miss you... but the good Lord brought
an even better friend back home. You will always
remain in my heart dear!

I found on my last post, an comment from an
author, DM McGowen, I felt so very privileged
that someone who writes for a living would spend
some time in his day reading my blog. I don't mean
to say that I don't appreciate everyone else here,
because I really do, all the friendships here formed
make me feel blessed. I just wanted to say thank
you to everyone!! And I have a really big smile
on my face just knowing that one authors read mine.
and he even posted my blog on his blog page!!!
How neat is that?? To little ole me... just great!!
If you get the chance you should check his out too.
http://www.dmmcgowan.blogspot.com/

I truly do feel blessed today!
I hope everyone else does too!! :D
Have a wonderfully blessed day all!!!!

Live
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.
Laugh
A sense of humor can help you tolerate the unpleasant,
cope with the unexpected & smile through the day.
Love
There is one happiness in life to love & be loved!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderfully blessed day!!

Also don't forget to SMILE...
You will get on in return!!!

3 comments:

~♥~ Monica S said...

Hi

Sounds like you have had a good week all in all! :-) IT's nice to take breaks some times too.. we all need it!
HAve a nice weekend!!

Monica

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Debi, thanks so much for leaving such a nice note in my blog posting. I don't think I've visited your blog before, but I'm so glad to be here now. Maybe this post will inspire me to get up off this chair and clean! But then again, there's always tomorrow. Love the benches and that new saying about your grandmother and mother. I need that sign! I'll be back to visit often. laurie

kansasrose said...

OH this brings back so many memories when I was a kid in the 'olden' days. ( I'm just this side of 50) My grandma would use a Nesbit soda bottle with the metal spray thing in it for water to do her ironing. I'd help her! I learned to iron from my Granny Mamie. This is fun seeing these old time things from the past...enjoying your blog hon. :) Jen